Slaughterbridge, Camelford, PL32 9TT
Tel: (01840) 212450
Meet a King
The centre is located at Slaughterbridge near the medieval market town of Camelford (considered by some to be the site of Camelot), and set in twenty acres surrounding 'King Arthur's Stone'. Both the inscribed stone and battle are both dated by earliest stories to AD540.
Visitors can walk through the fields where King Arthur and Mordred met for their last battle (Camlann).
On the B3314 about one and a half miles north of Camelford.
* Delightful walks through valleys, woods and along the bank of the River Camel (dogs welcome).
* Play area with large wooden castle.
* Information room (including brass rubbing and video.
* Shop stocked with Arthurian books, posters, Celtic jewellery, local pottery and much more.
* Beautiful tea room and garden. Speciality Cornish cream teas/cakes. Also lunches and early suppers.
Boscastle Camelford Tintagel King Arthur King Arthur's Hall of Chivalry British Cycling Museum