7 The Square, Gerrans, TR2 5EB
Tel: (01872) 580535
History of a town
The Heritage and Information Centre opened in 2004. In addition to the permanent exhibition, specific exhibits will be set-up on an annual basis.
The Centre is on the site of an old forge, built in the 1790's, which was in the continued occupation by the Pearce family. They operated here until 1966, after which time it was converted for use as an artist's studio.
The history of the parish is illustrated with displays depicting Farming through the Ages, the Fishing Industry, Education, Domesday Book entries, the Manors, World Wars, Coastguards, Churches, Chapels and much more. Illustrated by photographs, tithe maps, documents, parish records and other artefacts.
In the centre of the village.
Portscatho The Roseland Peninsula St. Mawes