Foresters Hall, Pike Street, Liskeard, PL14 3JE
Tel: (01579) 346087
History of a town
Liskeard and District Museum was re-opened in the refurbished and extended Foresters Hall in April 2002.
The museum is housed in a Victorian Gothic Style stone building, that was the former East Cornwall Savings Bank. Called Foresters Hall, it was designed by one of Liskeard's foremost architects, Henry Rice. The building was built in 1835, a time when Liskeard was becoming prosperous thanks to wealth from local mines.
The four display rooms, named after well-known local people, set out to tell the story of the evolution of local people, places and activities that have created the environment we live in today.
The story of Caradon mining is told at the museum with maps, models, pictures and artefacts. You can get up close to the rocks that caused all the fuss with our superb geological display.
In Foresters Hall at the top of Pike Street.
Liskeard Stuart House Cornwall's History The Caradon Trail Bodmin Moor