Trelights, Near Port Isaac, PL29 3TF
Tel: (01208) 880243
A trip back to an unusual Victorian garden
The Victorians found the answer to creating a coastal garden in North Cornwall and did so in an intriguing and romantic style, with a maze and 'secret garden'. Now happily, its all been restored for your enjoyment.
The gardens remain in the original Victorian garden layout and they retain their original splendour. Visitors often say that they have never seen a garden resembling the Long Cross and this is mainly because the gardens were constructed primarily to overcome the difficulties of the local climate.
* Interesting granite and water features.
* Pets corner where feeding the animals is fun.
* Plants propagated from garden stock on sale.
* Enjoy a cream tea in what is said to be one of Cornwall's
most beautiful Tea/Beer gardens.
* Real ale and home-made Bar Snacks available lunches and evenings,
why not eat them in the garden.
* Children's adventure playground.
* A real family outing as well as a garden enthusiasts delight.
One mile south of Port Isaac.
No charge to Beer gardens or Tea rooms
Port Gaverne Port Isaac Port Quin Polzeath