Pretty village leading down to a sandy beach
Trevone is a seaside village near Padstow, it comprises of one long road, surrounded by houses, a village hall, a WI meeting hall, the village shop and with just a few roads branching off, leads down to the beach. Two or three houses are guest houses. There is a surf shop and small seasonal cafe. There is also general store halfway between the top of the hill and the sandy beach. The beach is popular with surfers and has lifeguard patrols in the summer. The village used to have many hotels including; Green Waves, Newlands, Trevone Bay Hotel, The Sea Spray and more, however the only remaining hotel (and pub) in the bay is the Well Parc. The population of the village was 359 at the 2011 census.
St. Saviour's church built in 1959 with local sandstone from St. Columb Downs. The stone is iron rich which works outwards as the stone is weathered to give a hard casing. The roof is of Delabole slate. It replaced a wooden mission church built in 1894.
There a large blow-hole formed by a collapsed sea cave which can be seen on a sloping field above the east side of the bay.
Trevone Beach Cafe
The Well Parc Hotel
Padstow Porthcothan The Coastal Footpath Prideaux Place
Harlyn Bay Trevibban Mill Trevose Head Trevose Head Lighthouse St. Merryn