Liskeard Museum

Liskeard Museum

Foresters Hall, Pike Street, Liskeard, PL14 3JE
Tel: (01579) 346087


History of a town

Liskeard & District museum was officially opened on 13th May 1985. Conducted visits for schools and other organizations were arranged throughout the subsequent years as were special exhibitions. Many local enthusiasts lent objects and helped put these together. As the collection increased in size the museum outgrew the space available on the ground floor of the town’s Public Hall.

Liskeard and District Museum was re-opened in the refurbished and extended Foresters Hall in April 2002.

The museum is housed in a Victorian Gothic Style stone building, that was the former East Cornwall Savings Bank. Called Foresters Hall, it was designed by one of Liskeard's foremost architects, Henry Rice. The building was built in 1835, a time when Liskeard was becoming prosperous thanks to wealth from local mines.

The four display rooms, named after well-known local people, set out to tell the story of the evolution of local people, places and activities that have created the environment we live in today.

The story of Caradon mining is told at the museum with maps, models, pictures and artefacts. You can get up close to the rocks that caused all the fuss with our superb geological display.


In Foresters Hall at the top of Pike Street.

Opening Times

All Year
Weekdays 10.00am - 4.00pm
Saturdays 10.00am - 1.00pm

Admission Free

Liskeard       Stuart House       Cornwall's History       The Caradon Trail       Bodmin Moor